3.04.2013

TGIM


  Sometimes I feel left out when I hear "thank God it's friday". For most folks out there friday is the start of a weekend, a time of rest. For those like me, friday marks the start of the busy time of week. Friday, saturday, sunday. To me these are not the three days of rest and cutting loose but my days of work, I've worked almost every weekend since age twelve, when I got my first job. That's not to say I don't enjoy enjoy the same the things the non-weekend-working class enjoy. 

  Monday, let's talk about that sweet glorious monday. My typical weekend is monday-tuesday, that or some random weekdays. In many ways it's nice, while everyone is grumbling over they're monday paper pile and spambox full of emails, I get to relax. Ride my bike, drink coffee, do whatever I want. 

  I'm not missing out per se, I actually get the best of both worlds. I get to do all the weekend stuff, then I get my own weekend, the city to myself. Ever been to a grocery store on a monday afternoon? Dead. Sure, all the drivers are just a little crankier and most of the good booze has been drunk already, but I'll take my weekend on the weekstart. 


I stopped in at Thom Bargen for a cup of coffee and a cinnamon bun. Check these guys out, they're great. 


Smiles for miles, Its the weekend!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY YOU, Smiles, have you quite your awesome job and bought your ticket out west? Bikes Bikes Bikes Bikes Bikes. Get your F!UCKING A$$ out here!
Love Tristan